Monday, April 14, 2014

Gamer Crimes: Musical Mics

Its been a while since I did one of these... heck I only did one of these. So a recap: Gamer crimes was supposed to be a sub-series of things that I see/hear/know gamers do that really annoy me for some reason or another. Last time it was about how bad it was to trade in every single game you play, but now lets talk about something more well known to annoy people... the Microphone spam. This wont take long.

Your playing, having a good or bad match, and working with your team... until some idiot start fuzzing up the mircophone with his lame music. Now you have to find a safe spot, pull up the menu, and sort out who is causing the disturbance so you can mute them. Now in part this can be partially blamed on microphones to begin with. As a guy that started online gaming on PC with TF2, I remember pushing V to talk through my mic. When I heard a lot of the mics people used on consoles had no switch, no buttons set aside for talking, and upon hearing all the background mic buzzing, I knew this would be a problem. However with all that being said though, the person on the end can still make things much worse...

For starters... if you have an open microphone, SHUT YOU STUPID MUSIC off. I don't care how cool you think your rapping beats sound in a competitive FPS, truth is it doesn't belong. Even if you had some metal, or some kind of military marching tunes,  or something else that remotely went better with the game the quality coming through the microphone would still make it crap. Even more ridiculous is the obvious implication that in order to have an open mic, you should be a chatter. Do that, not flood us with music. I'd be fine with a team mate giving some orders, having a casual conversation, and heck I even like humorous mic spam if its in good taste. Yet just wasting it to blare bad rap and disrupt everyone's game... seriously, quit being a jerk and lets get back to the gaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Too good for fun

Before I even start, I know in some capacity this article is either silly, or ironically getting worked up in semantics as a resp...