Saturday, June 6, 2015

Blog talk: Resetting the course

Time to go off track!
So quite some time ago I talked about the possibility to do a blog rebrand, which is probably poorly written but here it is now despite its irrelevance. Truth is though I never found a comfortable time to do that change, and I instead would rather do the opposite... sort of. I thought a little about doing another blog for rare life ramblings, interests, or thoughts that would fit neither in my gaming nor my other more spiritual blog (which I really should work on more often). However I really don't want to go through with another blog, especially since I barely maintain presence in a 2nd one. Rather why not keep the same name and just go back to my original goal... sort of. Instead of talking about exclusively video games, I'll occasionally have more off-topic rambling going with it. Again this was my original intention, as this blog started with a closing forum and the desire to still do longer post-like material, and I decided with a bigger personal space I could even do some different things. Yet it just dissolved into my gaming editorial type site, with my reviews shared between this and the present forum. So... can I take it back to the main course without destroying all that I have built?

I'm still proud to call this my gaming blog, and I still enjoy discussing games here as the center piece. Gaming is my dominant hobby, and the closest object type thing and community I would attach my identity with. I don't give myself many labels or community associations, but one of them I will accept is "gamer", and I stick to that. Likewise that's my main use of the internet, to be more within the gaming community, and this blog is a major way I return my interests and time within the community. So if by any chance anybody cares about this blog in the slightest (stats tell me no, but I don't really care), then you have no fear to worry about it changing drastically as a gaming place.

However what I will do is bracket off the off-beat subjects. So from now on there will be non-gaming related content, and it'll be bracketed off with either [off-topic], [tea talk], [non-gaming], or something that looks kind of like that, Maybe it'll even be a multi-branching path with tea talk being its own segment of off-topic, or maybe I'll just put the simple subject change in brackets instead (like [politics] or [books]). Honestly though you know that brackets mean there will be a small departure from a game focus. Who knows though, it may still be relevant to gaming subjects, just indirectly. I'm still a gamer, and I still learn and know things through some of my experiences there, so maybe I'll still discuss subjects that may effect gaming. I'm pretty sure eventually I'll cover my views on social politics and gaming has certainly been effected by that lately, and so I can bring in news or articles with those as examples while still talking about its effect on general life.

Tea Talk FTW!
...and the first subject to get started on just might be graphic novels, because wow that has taken over today's plans in quite a big way and I barely even read one (just finished one... though I bought yesterday, yeah I went through it fast but it was just that good). Between that, doing work to replace a floor, having my mind blown that I only recently drank yerba mate tea the semi-right way, I've just had a lot of interesting subjects to discuss that just aren't about gaming. After a lot of thought, its time to go off track occasionally. Still I do have some great gaming stuff coming up, there's no shortage of potential game topics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Too good for fun

Before I even start, I know in some capacity this article is either silly, or ironically getting worked up in semantics as a resp...