Friday, August 1, 2014

Now Playing: Awesomenauts


Been enjoying the PS4 version of awesomenauts yet again lately. I mostly just play with bots, but I've gone online a few times. I regret not spending much time with it in the past where I played it for 3 days and then kind of deviated, and now that I have the new characters ready and loving one of them enough to beat my record kills in one day, I think its safe to say I'll be giving it another go.

Awesomenauts is actually a pretty old game to the PC community. Even though it was actually intended for console gamers on the PS3/360 the PC community begged for it and the team gave in, later making that essentially the lead platform as the others collapsed in community and a lack of any updates. PC got double if not triple the original cast, more options, and even little extra sprinkles of goodies like seasonal decor and a hidden game within the files. I kind of left myself out of the whole thing, but its popularity had my interest for a while, and when they announced a 2nd attempt at consoles with the PS4 I decided to give it a chance beyon the PS3's demo. I'm glad I did, because now that I understand quite a bit about MOBAs I had a blast with this one that gives you more direct control, and modeled after a pleasant 80s/early 90's cartoon. I kind of let it go a good bit after the first 3 days with it, and left off to some other games, but... then I found out the new characters I was interested in had released cheaper than the cosmetic DLC. Nice. So I went ahead and grabbed Ted McPain and Penny Fox and I've since been really enjoying it.

I've been mostly biased towards and playing as Penny Fox, but now I'm starting to branch again to old favorites and just others I haven't given enough of a chance to. Either way though I keep getting destroyed online. I really need to fix that.... Anyways I feel like I have nothing else to say. Weird to end this in less than 3 real paragraphs.... but, yeah its truly awesome and I'll be playing it! I'm actually a little late to posting it, but still playing so here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too good for fun

Before I even start, I know in some capacity this article is either silly, or ironically getting worked up in semantics as a resp...